Mold is a serious problem that must not be ignored if you have it in your house. For your information, mold is a kind of fungus and is not to be confused with yeast. Yeasts are single-celled whereas molds are multicellular. There are certain kinds of molds that are capable of causing serious health problems if you let them grow unchecked. Household cleaning methods are not sufficient to root out mold efficiently and completely. For that reason, you need to hire a professional mold removal service. Only they would have the equipment and expertise required to get your home rid of mole completely.
There are many options you will find while looking for mold remediation services. You must choose a reputable mold inspection and removal service that offers a 24-7 emergency service and an effective solution to your problem. It would not be cheap but it would definitely be a worthy investment. Mold remediation is better given to the hands of professionals than doing it yourself.
Signs you have mold in your home
To know whether you have mold in your home, there are some signs you must look for. The following are the signs that might mean you have mold growing in your house:-
The growth of mold inside a house causes a musty odor. So if you are getting an unexplained musty odor in your home, it might be a sign of mold growth. You must immediately call professionals from a mold remediation company for inspection of your home.
There are some health issues that are caused by the presence of mold in your home. Being exposed to mold can cause skin irritation, itchy eyes, stuffy nose, wheezing, etc. If any of the people in your home are facing these health issues, it might be a sign of mold present in your home. Though it is also possible that the mold present in your home doesn’t cause any health issues. So you must look for other signs as well. Black mold is more dangerous and causes respiratory problems.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. So if you have had any kind of water intrusion at home, for example, pipe leakages or floods, there is a quite strong chance that mold has gained a foothold in your home. You must look for molds in case your home has faced a water intrusion. In case there is the growth of molds, you must immediately call mold remediation service and also get water damage restoration.
Another sign of the presence of mold is the discoloration of the surface on which mold has grown. This sign is easier to find than the other signs as it is a visual one. If you see unexplained discoloration of any surface such as a wall, it might time for you to hire a 24-7 mold removal service company.
Where to look mold in your home
Other than the signs of mold, knowing the areas you should look for mold will be helpful to you. It is known that mold spores thrive in water or moisture. So it seems obvious that you should look for mold in surfaces that have moisture. But it is not that simple. Mold can grow in many kinds of places Other than your kitchen and bathroom, they can even grow in your bedroom and even in your air conditioning system. You should check the following areas for the growth of mold:-
- On your doormat or below it. A doormat can have enough moisture under it to provide a suitable condition for mold growth.
- Beneath your wallpaper. This is where mold is known to be found in many cases. To prevent this condition, you are suggested to apply mold-inhibiting paint. Also, you must regularly wipe your wall. This would prevent mold growth as well.
- The seams between ceilings and floors are another potential ground for mold growth. You must have a look there.
- On children’s toys. Yes, this is another potential ground for mold growth. If you have children at home, you must definitely check their toys for mold.
- On your dishes. Since dishes often have moisture on their surfaces, they are a potential target for mold. In order to prevent the growth of mold on your dishes, you must dry them thoroughly before storing them.
- Under the sink. The moist, humid, and dark environment under a sink is an ideal place for mold growth. In order to prevent the spread of mold spores, you are advised to wipe the cabinet interior under the sink with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
- On carpets and upholstery. The dust that is gathered on carpets and upholstery are food to molds. So they offer a suitable ground for molds to grow. To prevent the growth of mold on carpets and upholstery, you are suggested to simply give them a regular cleaning.
Once you find mold or its signs in your home, you must immediately call a 24-7 emergency mold remediation company. They will send professionals for an inspection of your home. And if mold is found, they will take care of the problem by professional means.